Who We Are
SYMPATEX – PIONEER FOR SUSTAINABLE FUNCTIONAL TEXTILES
Sympatex Technologies has been one of the leading global suppliers of high-tech functional materials in clothing (Apparel), footwear, protective workwear (Contract & Workwear) and technical applications since 1986.
We develop, manufacture and sell membranes, laminates, functional textiles, finished products and bespoke end products for a range of applications with selected partners all over the world.
Our continuous development in products and technologies enables us to provide our customers with a wide range of laminates to suit their specific needs. Our focus is on protection, comfort, performance and perfect functionality together with ecological responsibility. The Sympatex membrane is highly breathable, 100% wind- and waterproof and regulates the climate. It is 100% recyclable, climate-neutral, bluesign® certified, and it received the ‘Oeko-Tex-Standard 100’ certificate. It is also PTFE-free, PFC-free and climate neutral.
SUSTAINABILITY MEETS PERFORMANCE
Lovers of the great outdoors have high demands for their clothing. It must keep their bodies dry whilst controlling the body temperature perfectly in all weather and regardless of activity level.
The best way of ensuring comfort and perfect protection from the weather is with the ‘onion system’, which involves layers of different garments:
- – A base layer with conductive, wicking properties
- – Mid-layers with an insulating and heat-regulating function
- -An outer layer with a weather protection function (waterproof, breathable and windproof)
The outer layer has a demanding task: On the one hand, it must allow sweat to escape whilst, at the same time, it must protect the body from wet and cold from the outside.
For this, we offer the perfect solution that can “breathe” dynamically – like a second skin.
Often, it is assumed that a compromise in performance must be made when it comes to ecological compatibility. For over 30 years, we have been proving that both aims are perfectly attainable at the same time.
Our ecological claim not only covers individual improvements but a change in the entire product life cycle:
- Minimum environmental impact in production, in particular, energy, water and chemicals
- Maximum durability so that clothing can be used for as long as possible
- Maximum value-retaining recycling of raw materials during disposal
Performance and sustainability are the twin strands of our “corporate DNA” – we constantly work on finding solutions to close the textile loop. Only when clothing doesn’t leave any traces in the environment can we enjoy nature without restriction.
- 100 % waterproof
- 100 % windproof
- Optimally breathable
- Dynamic climate control
- Very thin and high stretch poreless membrane
- Extremely hard-wearing
- 100% recyclable and climate neutral membrane
- 100% recyclable and recycled laminates
- Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 certified, bluesign® approved
- PTFE-free and PFC-free membranes and laminates
- Fluorocarbon-free treatments
- Laminates with a completely balanced carbon footprint