CARE AND REPAIR
A real plus for the Sympatex membrane – it has no pores and instead works on a purely chemical and physical principle.
The hydrophilic (water-attracting) components of the Sympatex membrane absorb moisture from the body and transport it to the outside so that it can evaporate. At the same time, the poreless structure of the membrane prevents the ingress of rain. This means clothing which features Sympatex products are extremely easy to look after. Since unlike porous membranes (Gore-Tex, eVent) the Sympatex membrane cannot be blocked by either sweat (salt crystals) or dirt, the garments must be washed each time after wearing so as to maintain the function of the membrane. But detergent residues (tensides) can also not affect the poreless membrane which means that the garments retain their full performance even after frequent washing. So, it does not matter whether you wash the garments more or less often – 100% function and breathability remain guaranteed.
- Simple washing as specified on the care label
- Use of mild detergent or special detergent for functional textiles without washing additives
- Do not use softener
- Reduced spin speed (easy-care or delicate program)
- Close zips, velcro and buttons before washing
- To maintain finish and colour freshness, we recommend thorough rinsing of the garments
- Dry cleaning is possible
- See care label
- We recommend the use of a tumble drier as it activates the impregnation
- Dry at a low temperature and at low speed
- –Ironing reactivates the impregnation. The iron temperature should not exceed 110°C (1 dot / 1st setting)
- Reimpregnate the upper material as soon as the water ceases to form beads
- Add the wash-in impregnating agent to the washing machine according to the instructions
- Apply spray-on impregnation product to the outside of the damp or dry garment
- Then dry in the tumble drier. The heat will help the impregnation product to condense and will improve its water repellent effect
- Reimpregnation is also possible in dry cleaning cycle
- Sympatex laminates which feature a fluorocarbon-free finish (e. g. Bionic Finish®), should be re-impregnated with a commercially available fluorocarbon-free product such as TX-Direct by Nikwax
- Do not use wash-in products with Sympatex HigH2Out® laminates since they will get on to the lining side and have an adverse effect on the HigH2Out® effect. The zip fasteners and buttons must be closed during application of spray-on impregnation products
- Footwear should be cleaned from the outside with a soft brush and lukewarm water
- Dry footwear slowly and never place it in direct sunlight or on heating radiators
- Regular reimpregnation maintains protection from dirt and helps the beading effect of the water
- Avoid extremely oil-based creams so as not to adversely affect breathability
- Suitable care products for footwear with a Sympatex membrane are available from your footwear retailer
Damaged functional clothing need not be thrown away. In line with sustainability and durability, tears and holes can be sealed with the correct materials and the know-how of our “Repair Partners”. Broken zips, torn-out pockets or sleeves that are too long are not a problem either.
Our authorised “Repair Partners” can be found at
www.sympatex.com under “Information and Care”.
+41 (0)62 822 16 15
21 Rue Joseph Thoret
Vallée du Mont-Blanc
+33 (0)6 07 04 34 88